Four types are selected:
1. Quality indicators of the natural aquatic ecosystem.
2. Deficit indicators of the supply and draining services.
3. Dinamizing and information indicators.
4. Indicators of the Nature Net 2000.
1. Quality indicators of the natural aquatic ecosystem:
*The General Index of Water Quality (Índice General de Calidad de las Aguas,IGCA): It is the most used indicator to contol and monitor the water quality; without taking into account its potencial aptitude for different uses. The most used parametres in the IGCA are variables indicating physical, organic, inorganic and toxic pollution. The first campaign will allow to calculate this rate and take it as the refence of the "stage zero." Getting fugures over 90 (90-100 excelent water quality) is natural.
*Biological Index "Biological Monitoring Working Party" (BMWP): The biotic index BMWP was developed by Hellawell in 1978. It is based on the identification of invertebrate families which have been assigned a value from 1 to 10, referring value 1 to families living in strong polluted water, and referring value 10 to families that do not tolerate pollution. The sum of the obtained values for each family in every sampling spot will show its pollution degree. The greater the sum, the lower the pollution in the analized spot. Thus, an index is determined. It uses to have values from 0 to an indefinite maximum, which in practice, is rarely over 200. According to the index, 6 kinds of water quality are established. The value of this index does not exist in Mandeo river. The first campaign will allow to calculate this index and taking it as the reference of the "stage zero." Getting fugures over 150 is natural.
2. Deficit indicators of the supply and draining services:
Some of the natural indicators that are elaborated for the Department of Public Affairs on the data gathered in the Survey for Facilities and Local Equipments, which are updated once a year, as in the Regional Council of A Coruña, will be used to evaluate the improvements in the facilities and equipments rekated to the supply and draining systems.
And performance indicators as the criteria of the Durective 91/271, choosing two of the indicators used in "PNCA: Saneamiento y depuración" (Draining and treatment): Load of h-e which performs in order regarding the total load. 25.882 inhabitants are currently connected to EDAR (current state), and agglomerations are planned to be carried out to clean up 6.500 h-e. 32.400 inhabitants are estimated to be in rule in a future stage.
3. Dinamizing and information indicators:
As the previous cases, the quantitation of the indicators is not possible in the current state as there is not any information in this regard. To monitor the objectives achievement degree that are to be reached with MANDEO, the next dinamizing and information indicators will be monitored:
- Evolution of the Tourist Equivalent Population
- Number of visitors registered in Dinamizing Centres
- Average occupation index of the joined catering centres
- Visits to the Mandeo information website
- Number of certificates handed in training courses
- Number of visitors in scholar groups and related to centres.
- Number of informative boards.
4. Indicators of the Nature Net 2000:
As the action area Betanzos-Mandeo is included in the Nature Net 2000; some indicators have been established to indicate the benefits that the MANDEO project will grant to the action area in the Nature Net 2000:
- Green or protected surfaces that are treated
- Number of actions developed to promote biodiversity and nature protection
Fill out the following details and submit your opinion. Thank you